Change in Domicile

Where the Court has established a custody and parenting time schedule, parties are limited where they may move the minor child without the permission of the Court.  Michigan law prevents a party, who shares joint custody of a child, from moving more than 100 miles and/or out of the state without the consent of the Court.  Our office is experienced in filing motions to change domicile and can help you in your matter.


Back to Family Law Practice Areas


Smith Mihas, PLLC © 2020 All rights reserved. Terms of use and Privacy Policy

Scroll to top